Digging up WonJae

30 things about me (Not done)

1. From Seoul, but not an urban kid
I am born in Seoul and never lived in other parts of Korea in my whole life. Of course, I’ve been to some parts of Korea in part of the journey, but I never have experienced the culture or life in other parts of Korea. Meeting diverse people who lived in Seoul in KMLA, I recognized that I am from Seoul but have experienced significantly different points. In retrospect of my life, there are several reasons for this. 

First of all, I’ve lived a mundane life having no such interesting aspects of my life. From my 2nd or 3rd grade, my life started to get saturated by private hagwons. School-home-hagwon continued from my very young age, and this life became normal to me. Visiting other parts of Seoul such as Itaewon or Myeongdong which is the hub of diverse culture was impossible for me. Another reason is just that I don’t like outdoor activities.

Living a dependent life to my mother and living a life according to what my mother tells me to do, I digressed from a common conception of an urban child. There is a common stereotype about an urban, especially Gangnam, kid. Those juveniles are often thought as students who wear in a classy style and know well about specific places in Korea. I’m not that kind of student, and I believe this is the reason why my peers in KMLA didn’t think me as a student from Gangnam.

2. Consistency in my life
People say that I am a person who always has his back for others, and I somewhat can find this characteristic from other sources. For example, in the only online game I play ‘Overwatch,’ my most picked hero is a hero called Reinhardt.  As mentioned in the caption, this hero’s existence quite determines the survival of the team because he acts a huge shield that provides protection for other teammates. I was attracted to this character because this character needed in any game. I wanted to contribute to the team's triumph; thus, I decided to play this. More fun facts will make it clear that somewhat my trivia all converge into a point.
reinhardt에 대한 이미지 검색결과
Clad in powered armor and swinging his hammer, Reinhardt leads a rocket-propelled charge across the battleground and defends his squadmates with a massive energy barrier.


3. I do imagine about very absurd and impossible thoughts


           I am most of the time Yes-man and follow orders, but my inner teenage instinct spots loopholes in orders and imagines impossible thoughts. Hiding in the school library and spending a night there, or maybe crazier…?


4. The bamboo guy

           What do I need to say more about? The biggest contribution to my lame image, but I still love playing it. My middle school peers who never saw this instrument were able to imagine Kungfu warriors fighting in a bamboo forest when I played the Daegeum.

5. Timidity
Unlike what I seem to be, I do care about how other’s view me. Other’s evaluation determines my action because I can’t handle other people saying bad things about me. One of my biggest disciplines in terms of the relationship between people is not making any person who truly loathes me. When I hear that someone hates me through other sources such as my other friends’ words, I just have to know the reason that person hates me. Some people say the reason for my behavior is because I am just very sensitive and kind, but, at any rate, it is stressful to live with a person who dislikes me.

Caring about others’ evaluation about me greatly affected my habit of trying diverse fields, to not hear any criticism for doing badly at some field. I used to play soccer just for fun, but, from some point, I started to practice doing goalkeeper not just for fun but for not being an interruption of the game. I couldn’t stand the stress that the team’s defeat is sincerely due to me. Many people believe my concern is useless, but this is the virtue that I pursue in my life: not giving harms to other people.

6. Multitasking

           I am awful at multitasking, and this inability messed up some important events in my life.  As a solution, I try to have a perfect scenario whenever I’m in charge of more than two works. Now, what happens is the perfect scenario is interrupted? I can’t even imagine what will happen.

7. I try to taste diverse fields and quite hate this habit sometimes.
Not literally ‘tasting’ diverse foods, but what I refer is that I try diverse subjects and diverse activities. I (think) have a pretty much descent mathematics skill, and my peers appreciate my goalkeeping skills while playing soccer. Some of my close friends tell me I am a good singer. I have a clear founded interest (architecture), and students who are hesitating with their major sometimes envy my situation. Moreover, I have decent skills in terms of leadership. However, my major deficiency is that this habit deters me from having a superior skill in a certain sphere. I easily get bored when continuously studying or trying a certain subject.

8. I am a potential and ardent architect.
One thing that I can be proud of myself is that I have a clear founded interest. My love of architecture started since my 7th grade. I can’t remember a specific motivation to dream about being an architect, but I just felt ecstasy whenever I saw architectural models and well-designed buildings. Visiting architect office and looking at those delicate architectural models were extremely joyful experiences. I sometimes think that I should not be an architect but a person who professionally makes toy models or any kind of model, but those jobs aren’t professional enough. (just joking) I really look forward to learning practical matters related to architecture in college.

9. Awful stamina
As previously mentioned, I started to enjoy playing outdoor sports since 9th grade. There is a reasonable cause for this. Unlike my masculine torso, my stamina is awful. I believe I have to blame my genes. My mother is relatively tall but has an awful stamina. She doesn’t really like to play sports and gets easily exhausted. Anyway, I have an inherent deficiency in my health. This turned out as a crucial deficiency as a KMLA student who needs to be excelled at getting up all night frequently. I’m not blaming my genes solely, and my weak volition may be the problem. What I want to point out is that I truly have a weak stamina. This is what my mother experiences too, but I feel exhausted well after getting angry at some event. I should continue other activities, but my low stamina won’t let me do other activities but sleep after my anger is gone.

8. I easily perceive a structure or an overall big picture.
→ Easily capture such blank spot of certain rule and find a way to
→ interface diverse key usage easily utilize them while others struggle

9. In a similar context with 8, I really use my hand well in a delicate manner.
→ not a good pianist (even though it uses hand)
→ like to make paper origami and get fascinated whenever looking at those paper models
→ Young kids use shadow play (like to do those stuffs)
→ Used to practice yoyo for a long time.

12. Genuineness
Like TwoFace, I can easily change my face instantly. I sometimes wonder if my laughter is a genuine one because of the aforementioned character.

13. Selling drugs (허언 치다)

14. Love deficiency

2. Goalkeeper
In a similar context from the number one fun fact, I play goalkeeper on my soccer team. As people know, a goalkeeper is the one whom the field players rely on. Without goalkeeper, no matter how good the strikers are, the team would not win. I started to play soccer since 9th grade (which is quite late), and at first, the only reason why I did this position was to join the game. I was awful at any other positions because I disliked any kind of outdoor sports. At any rate, I am an appreciated goalkeeper in the school, and my peers commonly cherish my existence in the team because I am in front of the goal net.



16. Most effective sleep dart: book

           I can count on my bare hand the number of English novels that I’ve read in my entire life. The biggest reason for this is because I can’t continue reading a story for more than 10 minutes. Not only because I am bad at reading but also because I can’t find any interesting point in reading novels. They are all fake stories, and I can’t learn any meaningful information like shmoop analysis provides.

17. Like to organize stuff

           My biggest useless habit. This provides me an aesthetic pleasure whenever looking at the result, but still, I consider it as a useless habit. It’s going to be messed up anyway, and I sometimes wonder whether there is a necessity for organizing utensils by colors and size. However, this is quite an interesting job when I get bored studying or when I need time-killing.

18. I used to be an advertisement model when I was a baby or maybe in my kindergarten.

19. My favorite snack is definitely jellies, especially haribo.


20. My favorite quote is
A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

21. On my sleeping pattern

22. Some people used to call me a mad dog, a guy who bulldozed everything in order to achieve his goal. The more specific his goal is, the crazier he gets to the goal.

23. Comics

24. My first exodus
I have done a long journey by myself when I was in 2nd grade. I crossed a bridge and walked for almost 2 hours.

25. I have a Moleskine grid notebook just for things related to architecture. I do architectural sketches, write down some ideas, and write my thoughts about some architectural programs.

26. It’s quite embarrassing to say, but I started to ride the bicycle since 9th grade.

27. I started to use nail clipper since 11th grade because I didn’t really had to. I used to bite my nails until I started brace on my tooth.

28. I hate humanities subjects including world history, linguistics.

29.

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

Crush on Jackson's whim

Us and them (not finished yet)